fire in the sky!

2010 update: Fire in the Sky CANCELLED?! Say it ain't so. See my slightly more extensive note here, or jump directly to Jubilee Days's facebook page discussion about the cancellation. Or see the other 2010 Jubilee Days events at the schedule here.

*****************

2009 update: The Jubiliee Days website has finally been mostly reconstructed, so it's less a mess now than it was before. According to the information I could find, this year's co-headliners are Eric Church and the Lost Trailers. Click here for Eric Church's official website or click here for an NPR clip of four of their songs or click here for The Lost Trailers' official website.

******************

2008: Click here for the 2008 Fire in the Sky show info. And click here for some info about the show's main act, Earl Ware and Coltrain.

*****************

Original 2007 post: I like fireworks. Like grape soda and cheesey-weenies, fireworks make me feel like a kid again. Last night I went with a friend to a couple of barbecues. well, to one non-barbecue barbecue, where I had chili, and to one got-rained-out barbecue, where I had a hotdog that I think might've finished cooking in a pan on the stove. then we went to Fire in the Sky, Laramie's yearly country-music-and-explosions-in-the-sky show. This year: Keith Anderson, who sings Pickin' Wildflowers and apparently not much else that I've ever heard. It was the least impressive of the five Fires in the Sky that I've been to. The music that was sposed to play during the fireworks show cut out halfway through--either because the afternoon storm caused some short, or maybe some prankster pulled an extension chord, or maybe somebody just effed-up. Anyway, fireworks are still cool without music, but it wasn't the same.

When my friend dropped me back at my place after the show, I stepped in a pile of dog poo. I think that I had already decided, even before this event, that I needed some new flippy-flops, but hosing dog shit off of my slip-ons this morning definitely solidified my commitment to some new kicks.

Tomorrow I meet up with my sister, her husband Joel, and the dog Rudy to ride up to my uncle's place in Tensleep for some camping and fishing. It's about time. I shall return victorious, with at least one fish in the cooler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order