events update

In case you've been wondering what to do with your time this summer:

This year's Woodchopper Jamboree will be held June 18-20, according to Mags at the Bear Trap. It's the 50th Anniversary of cutting wood and rodeoing and drinking and fighting. I'll be up in the Black Hills over that weekend, celebrating my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary, so somebody should probably take my place and fill me in on all I miss.

I may also miss the 2010 Fire in the Sky, too, since the future of the event is up in the air (no pun intended). According to the Jubilee Days FB page, the event has been "cancelled for an indeterminate amount of time." An article in the Boomerang, however, suggests that the City will likely take over the fireworks part of the event. I wonder if Brock Finn's already got a gig lined up for the Fourth...

The website for Oyster Ridge Music Festival still looks like shit. Seriously, like shit. A hot steamy pile of it. But the line-up for this year looks amazing. I sampled a few of the bands who will be playing, and they sound great. Check out The Bridge's "Old White Lightning 95" or "Heavy Water" or Dangermuffin's "Ancient Wind" or Elephant Revival's "Forgiveness" or this vid of Fort Collins's Head for the Hills singing "Time to Spare." This year, Wyoming's largest free outdoor music festival will be July 30-August 1. Put it on your calendar. If I get brave you might see me in the Bandscramble.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order