choices

My samples from The Perfumed Court arrived last week.  So, far, I'm excited.  Last night I wore D&G's Le Bateleur, which I picked because I was interested in trying some unisex scents.  Here's what atgstores says about the perfume:

Anthology 1 Le Bateleur EDT Spray for Men and Women
The very notion of provocation often has to do with the element of surprise and the juxtaposition of unexpected partners. Le Bateleur by Dolce and Gabanna, inspired by the Tarot card for the 'eternal charmer', mixes an equal amount of masculine (cardamom, juniper berry, vetiver) and feminine (olibanum, dewy accords) touches to render something that is neither, but which moves with dynamism into a new freedom of playfulness. A spicy citrus with a twist!
  • Top Notes: Cardamom, Juniper Berry, Birch Leaf
  • Middle Notes: Aquatic Accord, Coriander
  • Base Notes: Vetiver, White Cedar, Oliban
I like it.  Reviews on other sites argue that Le Bateleur is a cliched version of Acqua di Gio, but I'm inclined to think that people who post perfume reviews are likely to be the worst kind of critic--the kind of person who finds fault just so they can throw around the fancy words they've learned.  Like, whatever: it smells good to me, smells good on me, and I'm gonna wear it.

Here's the other stuff I got in my grab bag of samples:

  • Compagnia Delle Indie Colonia ("soft musky citrius")
  • Givenchy - Monsieur de Givenchy ("combination of bergamot, lemon, lavender, verbena, oak moss and sandalwood ... sophisticated but not overwhelming.")
  • Guerlain Heritage ("smooth peppery scent")
  • Guerlain Vetiver ("soft barber shop essence")
  • Caron Third Man ("soft vanilla fougere with florals")
  • Hermes Bel Ami ("notes of moss and woods, leather, herbs, sandalwood and a touch of lemon")
This should be fun.

Comments

Craig said…
If you want to smell, how about I just pull your finger?
Rick said…
well, i was kinda hoping to expand my scent library. i've got plenty of experience with the smells of finger-pulling. hahahahahaha: you funny guy!

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order