new year

Six days into it, 2009 has been a pretty good year so far. My friend Deb came up from Denver on the 1st and 2nd, mainly for the opportunity to experience All That is Snowshoeing. We went up to Chimney Park, traipsed around for about two hours, got a little bit lost, and then rewarded our hard work with lunch at the Woods Landing Cafe. I'd forgotten how good their burgers were, but a bite into that juicy, fresh beef patty was a quick reminder. Delicious fries, too--real potatoes with Lawry's seasoned salt. And, then, of course, pie, with ice cream.

Saturday I finished up Christmas shopping and put the final touches on the quilt rack I made for my sister, then had dry roads for the trip down to Greeley. After Dad and Susie got in, Sarah and Joel fed us all some steak and taters and salad, and then on Sunday we had Christmas. I'm pretty lucky to have such a great family. Quilt rack:



On the way back to Laramie today I stopped off to search for some new pots and pans. And ended up finding some new kitchen towels and a spatula, too! Yeehaw! Merry 2009!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice!! It looks even better hanging on my wall. :) Thanks Bruder!~

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order