troubling

A 10-minute mile is not a very good showing. Even if it is the first mile I've run in 10 months or so, I feel like I should be in better shape than the time indicates. I'm a bit embarrassed.

On the bright side, at least I got some exercise--rode my bike down to the Pedal House, dropped it off for a tune-up, walked over the foot bridge to the green belt, put in my shamefully slow mile, and walked home.

Hopefully there will be a decent turn-out for pick-up ball on Sunday; otherwise I'll have to go be ashamed again, trying to keep up with the pick-up soccer game.

On another bright note, I think I solved the grill crisis for the weekend's bbq--on my walk to the greenbelt, I passed a bunch of stuff out on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on it. Including a grill with a propane tank that felt at least half-full. The element looked serviceable. Is a grill the type of thing that I should think twice about before accepting a donor?

Comments

Kaijsa said…
I hope you grabbed it, because I think that's a rad idea. We can get a brush and clean it off, and we'll be good to go. Nice score.

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order