bollywood

So, I just got back (okay, 10 minutes ag0) from a showing on campus of "Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Sad." That's the English title for a 2001 Bollywood film. (Original title: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham) All total, it was nearly four hours long. That's a lot of dancing and singing and being sometimes happy and sometimes sad. It's the first Bollywood film I've seen from end to end, and I think I can say: I would've really liked it, if only it had been 90 minutes shorter. It makes me willing to watch some other Indian cinema, though.

Two other things:
I like the name 'Rohan.' In Irish and Gaelic it means 'red' or 'red-haired,' but in Hindi it means 'sandalwood' or 'ascending.' NameVoyager says it's about the 500th most-popular boys name in America these days.
I can't decide if the actress who played Anjali was hotter than the actress who played Pooja.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order