Year in review: Friends and family

I'm damn lucky to have such great people in my life.  And this year has been an overflowing river of good times.  In addition to the big trips with friends and to celebrate Maggie's family, we spent lots of little times, close to home, with good people.

And I got to spend spring break with my sister and nephew at my grandparents' place in Phoenix:

And more time with my sister's family for birthdays, an author talk in Fort Collins, ice cream at The Forks, keeping an eye on my niece while Sarah and Joel were in Alaska, and at Fort Laramie for Father's Day.

With Kendall at the Geology Museum in July.

Plus I got to hang out with the Dutchers when they came down for Homecoming, catch a football game with my Nebraska friend George, play Apples and Oranges with new friends Nicole and Troy, eat good food with neighbors, and just spend a shitload of quality outdoor time with lots of great people.  Apparently I don't take many pictures of my friends.  But here's the quality outdoors part, at least:



Dad and Susie came down in late September, and we made a trek to Aspen Alley and a return drive over the Snowies:

Maggie in Aspen Alley.

Me and pappy at Lake Marie.

Maggie's sister got to visit twice, in September and November, AND they drove to California and back in a weekend for a friend's wedding, too.

And Maggie hosted a series of community dinners this fall, every other Thursday, to open our house to friends and acquaintances for a quick, simple meal and lots of interesting conversation. 

And I joined a book club with a group of the finest dudes in this town.  On deck for early 2015: Salt: A World History.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order