expectedly

This year's Woodchopper Jamboree was as good as I remember it being, last time I was there.  Which, when I do the math, must've been three summers ago already.  That seems amazing to me--somehow it doesn't seem nearly that long ago, and I'm reminded that time is a Trickster.  The last eight years have been a new lifetime--or maybe multiple lifetimes, new starts and old failures and recursive mistakes wrapped in on top of each other in no order that makes sense.  I suppose it's dumb of me to think of time as a linear set of occurrences.

Happily, this year's trip to Riverside/Encampment included a trip to the Mangy Moose, including a delicious cheeseburger and frosty Fat Tire.  (It cracks me up that the best link I can find for the Mangy Moose is yelp--which helpfully informs you that, nope, they don't have a coat check there.  In case you were wondering).

Also, it seemed there were about twice as many contestants for this year's wood-choppin' as there were last time around.  That's great news--I'm happy to see a good turnout for the festivities.

In other news, unexpectedly, I apparently like Josh Ritter.  Or, at least, I like this song:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order