Two oceans


It's a rare summer that I get to dip my toes in both the Atlantic and the Pacific.  Here's a catch-up photo, from my trip with Maggie to San Diego/San Juan Capistrano at the end of August.  Yay, water!  Yay, travels!

Which reminds me: one thing the summer taught me is that I still appreciate Wyoming.  I wondered if my time in Vermont, and a road trip across 2000 miles of country I've never seen, might create a yearning in me to be somewhere else, or might make me realize that my unwarranted sense of pride and awe about Wyoming is unfounded.  Instead, being somewhere else mostly reinforced my commitment to Laramie, to my quick and affordable access to trails, to the view from my office of Medicine Bow Peak, and to the open landscapes I get to see every time I leave home to go somewhere else in this great state.  Don't get me wrong: I got to see a lot of great places this summer--places where I'm sure I could be perfectly happy and that I could grow to love.  But, really, nothing I saw this summer makes me want to uproot myself from where I am, right here, right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order