whatever

I guess it's as good a time as any to reflect, since I have a moment and am feeling reflective.  And today is the solstice, a marker of increasing light in the time to come, so maybe I should take that as my cue.

Some thoughts:

  • $700 for dinner for six seems pretty extravagant to me.  It was a good steak, but still.  
  • I can't really imagine bowling in the days before the automatic pinsetter.  
  • High-school work at the grocery store has pretty much ruined me on Christmas music forever.  The holiday music would start the day after Thanksgiving, and we'd hear the same track on endless loop for the next thirty days.  Somehow I still like "Little Drummer Boy," though.
  • I wonder why I've been relatively absent from the blog lately.  The semester that's finally ended was a busy one, for sure, but I'm not sure that explains why I haven't posted much.  Part of the purpose for this space, I think, is to acknowledge the thoughts that are on my mind, whatever they may be.  Being able to put them here, outside myself, gives me some distance on them, lets me sort out some of the ideas that guide my actions and ways of thinking, lets me find some accord in the complexity I've managed to create for myself over the past few years.
  • I've finally watched the Antoine Dodson youtube video, so now I feel adequately prepared to wear the awesome white elephant T-shirt I brought home from the program's Christmas party this year.  Hide your kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order