"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible." -- Dumont, in Tron

Tonight I watched Tron with my friend George.  A while back we were talking about previews for the soon-to-be-released Tron: Legacy film--which has pretty cool trailers, I think.  But George said I couldn't see the new film without seeing the original.

I'm typically disappointed in sci-fi (thought Inception was pretty dumb, for example), but I thought that Tron was actually pretty amazing.  Beautiful, even.  And I thought its representation of computer hardware was fascinating.  Now I just have to hope that the new film lives up to the old one.

Kinda makes me want to go find the old arcade game, too.  I remember playing it half a dozen times, maybe.  I sucked at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order