spring break

So, the past week has been spring break for UW. Which means, mostly, that I had plenty of work to catch up on, including a trip to Louisville, KY, to present at the big composition-teacher-dork conference. But the high point of the week was definitely last weekend's trip out to the Forest Service cabin by Little Brooklyn Lake. Here are some photos that Melissa took.

Here's another picture, in front of the giant jail-bar icicles, before we left on Sunday morning. The group who'd reserved the cabin for Sunday night wasted no time in claiming the cabin after us--I think they were quick enough that the coals in the fire should've been quick to rekindle, even. In any case, though, the short overnight trip to the Snowies was really, really great. I don't know why, exactly, but I came back feeling truly relaxed. Relaxed in a way that I haven't felt in a long, long time.
In other news, I liked Louisville. Wish I'd been a bit more on top of things and extended my trip by a day or two on the back end, just to look around a bit more. But, instead, Joyce and April and I drove back to Laramie through typical March snowstorm, and I've spent good chunks of the past two days rearranging and cleaning the kitchen and living room, with much-appreciated help from Steph. Yay, clean house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order