self-diagnosis

According to dreamsleep.net, a dream about a flood is about washing away one's emotions:

Water symbolises the emotional side of the unconscious. To dream of a flood or being swept away by water, indicates that you feel emotionally overwhelmed. These dreams also hint at baptism and rebirth. The fertile, nourishing effect of floodwater may be implied. This dream could therefore represent the start of a new phase of life and renewed personal growth.

I've had several dreams about floods over the past few months--some are almost certainly connected to my fears about a real-life flood in the crawlspace, but my dream this morning certainly was not. Interestingly, this dream also involved silverware, and the only other memorable, recurring theme lately has involved kitchen knives. Dream dictionaries indicate the kitchen-related dreams can be related to anxieties about sustenance, especially spiritual nourishment. So maybe I need to get back in touch with my spiritual side in order to fully clear out the overwhelming emotions I've been dealing with lately.

Or course, some of the dictionaries also say that a dream about a flood may indicate anticipation of my upcoming menstrual cycle, so I don't think I'm gonna put too much stock in my self-diagnosis.

On the other hand, I may want to spend a little bit more time trying to diagnose my toe injury. I suspect I've merely jammed it or hyperextended it, but it's still pretty swollen after Sunday night's soccer game. I wonder if there's a quick-check method to test for brokenness....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order