Homo nerica: a delicate species

It was seventeen below when I checked The Weather Channel this morning, around nine o'clock. Last night the crawl-space temp got down to 32.4 degrees. This afternoon I moved a space heater into the crawl-space and set it at 35-ish. So far this winter, the temp has only dropped below that point three times, which means that the the heater should not get much of a workout (which in turn means that my electric bill will also not get much of a workout, which is okay by me). Looking at the alternatives (like heating and/or insulating the pipes), I think the space heater is a legitimate choice for the time being. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight than I did last night.

On the bright side, the forecasted high for tomorrow is a balmy 24 degrees. Above zero!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great resource!

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order