holy pho!

Back story: Saturday Katie and I went snowshoeing on the Corner Mtn trail, then stopped off in Centennial on the way back to have some beers. We ended up sitting with Mark, Christie, and Yao and eating nachos and green chili pizza while we waited for John and Bryan to arrive. When they arrived, we went across the street to the fundraiser at the Trading Post and listened to a few hours of good music. Before I took off, John mentioned that he might make some soup Sunday and that he'd give me a call.

Main story: When John mentioned that he might be making some soup yesterday, I thought he meant something like potato chowder or maybe some minestrone, which sounded pretty damn good. So that's what I had in mind while we were hanging out at the library watching the Saints/Vikings game last night. But when we got to their place, in fact I was met with a pot of pho.

I haven't had much exposure to Vietnamese cuisine, and that limited experience hasn't been all that great. But John's version was amazing. Really amazing. It was good. I liked it. It tasted spectacular. You can see I'm out of adequate adjectives to describe how delicious it was. Pho-cking good!

And, as always, it helps that the company was as great as the food itself.

A recap: snowshoeing, good music at the Trading Post, Sunday football, pho, and inspiring friends. Yes, I can say that, all in all, it's been a pretty good weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order