unsettled.

I'm a big fan of the serenity prayer. But it leaves out "patience." God grant me the patience to just accept the mess I've made for a few more days until this project is over.

I can't wait to get my house back. The bathroom makeover has gone remarkably well, but the mess sets me on edge. Every space in my house is doing double-duty--today I cut trim in the living room, used the kitchen island for getting paint ready, and set the new vanity sink on my bed so I could fit the new p-trap. I don't consider myself an especially tidy person, but this project has required me to be okay with a level of dirty and scattered-out-ness that is not okay for me. It's an odd realization, actually. I don't mind projects when they can be contained; but this one has spilled out into too much other time and space to be comfortable. If all goes well, though, I'll be able to start moving back into "normal" mode by the 1st.

Here's one view of the mess I've got going in the kitchen:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order