technology

in my attempt to keep the crawlspace warm, i stopped by the plumbing shop this afternoon for advice. a couple of choices: insulate the space better, use heat tape, and/or put in a space heater. I opted for the first choice, and followed through by screwing 2" styrofoam blue board to the single-pane door into the crawlspace. according to the thermometer so far tonight, this step doesn't seem to have been all that effective. current temp in the crawlspace: 37.4 degrees. tomorrow may be space-heater shopping day.

in related news, my very favorite piece of technology right now is my down comforter. most nights i choose not to turn on the electric heat in my room because the cold air acts as a nice counter to the incredibly warm envelope of downy goodness. when i finally turn off the light for the night, i smile at the genuinely enjoyable experience of falling asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order