projects, events, etc.

For such a relatively low-key weekend, it's been great.

Friday night, the Cowgirls were victorious in their second home exhibition game. They're showing some promise. CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves' defense was a bit quicker than Adams State's girls were on Monday, so the Cowgirls got some good practic in. They still have to figure out a workable offense against the zone, but it looks like they've got the potential for some good team chemistry.

Saturday night the Cowgirls volleyball team also won, against Air Force. But before that, I spent the day on a new storage solution, for hats and gloves and bike helmet and such, to go in the entry. I had been just sort of stacking all of this stuff on top of the coat hooks. But now I've got these not-quite-Sundance-catalog-worthy cubbies:


(Total price, about 16 bucks, including that ultra fancy boot tub underneath, which came from Kmart at the low-low price of $4.99.)

Also on Saturday afternoon I spent some time in the yard, cleaning up the flower/weed beds. And I turned over the bio-pile I've started out back. I hesitate to call it a compost pile since I'm not making much of an effort to get the ratios right. But I still think I'll get some decent soil out of crappy dirt plus Adam's coffee grounds plus random veggie clippings and my Halloween punkin. Hopefully at some point the temperature will get high enough to kill the seeds of the thistle and other weeds I've thrown in.

Also on Saturday I got a call from Libby, who was unexpectedly unable to make use of the buffalo flank steak thawing in her fridge. So, more meat windfall.

Winey buffalo

Marinade steak overnight in olive oil, worcestershire sauce, and chopped garlic. Add spices if you like. I used some basil and Old Bay, I think.

Cut steak into one-inch cubes.

Brown steak cubes over medium high heat.

When steak has browned, add about a cup of red wine. Cover and let continue to cook.

Meanwhile, cut up an unjun. Add it to the business. Add more spices too if you want. I didn't add cumin but that woulda been smart.

Cut up some taters. In another pot, put them on to boil. [You can see where this part is going: make them into mashed potatoes, whatever way you like.]

As the wine starts to reduce, scoot the meat off to one side of the pan, and get your juice over there on the free side. Add some butter, and add some flour. Whisk that shit. Mix it back in with the meat.

Add some sour cream. Maybe a quarter cup. Mix it into the rest, and now just cook it long enough that everything's blended together and the sauce is the right consistency.

Lump out some mashed taters on a plate. Cover it with your winey buffalo. Eat the shit outta that shit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order