I'm looking forward to the end of my 'gluten-free' test period. I'll be happy to binge on wheat-filled donuts and barley-rich PBRs and rye-liciousness. Cinnamon rolls and pancakes and chicken-cherry sandwiches. Kit-Kat bars. Spaghetti.

In the meantime, though, I've appreciated the creativity that going gluten-free has required for these past few months. I won't claim that my green-chili pizza tonight was as good as the Beartree's version is, but I did alright.

Here's my ultra fancy recipe.

Gluten-free green-chili chicken pizza

1 Uncle Bob's Redmill GF pizza crust mix (plus: 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp olive oil, water, and the included yeast packet)

1 chicken breast
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 can corn
1 can green chilis
1 can navy beans
spices (cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, or whatever)

1 can tomato sauce
1 can sliced black olives

cheese, and lots of it (say 2-3 cups, ish)

--------------------------

Prepare the crust according to Uncle Bob's instructions, but instead of dividing into two parts, just leave it in one big ball. after letting it set (20 minutes or so), put it onto a greased cookie sheet (I forgot to grease mine and the crust stuck a bit). Use wet hands to spread it as thin as you can without it starting to pull apart. Mine ended up being about a 12-inch round. I baked it for about 10 minutes at 450.

Trim the chicken and cut it into smallish bits. Throw it in a pan with some olive oil, and cook until no longer pink. Add the corn, chilis, and beans, all drained. Add spices. Let it cook together a while.

Take the crust out of the oven. Since I forgot to grease my cookie sheet, I took a spatula to the crust to loosen it while it was hot. The crust was nearly an inch thick. Spread the can of tomato sauce over top (I used all but about two tablespoons). Strew the black olives over the tomato sauce. Throw a bunch of cheese over that--say 1 1/2 cups or so. Maybe more. Cheese is good.

Once your chili is starting to meld together, spoon it over the cheese. Use a slotted spoon if the chili is still soupish. Add as much as you like, or as little. (I was left with about one bowl of chili left over--how convenient!)

More cheese!

Back into the oven, for another 12-15 minutes.

Etcellentay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order