tea / avetts / planning

I like tea and have been out of black tea for a while but finally got a box of Bigelow Earl Grey at the store tonight.

Avetts in Boulder April 20 and 21, 2010. That's a Tuesday and Wednesday night; I'm trying to decide which makes more sense with my spring schedule.

I'm really gonna have to push myself to get up in the spring. I'm set to teach at noon and 3. Without some self-control, I'll be sleeping til 10 every day.

Lately I've been sleeping til 10 on my off days. Of course, I fully endorse my decision to stay up til 3 am to finish The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo over the long turkeyday weekend.

The long turkeyday weekend was, all in all, a pretty good one. I had a nice, long-way-around trip through Casper and Upton, got in a short visit with my dad and Susan and my grandma, ate punkin pie, dropped flowers off at grandma's on the way out of town Friday, did some bathroom-remodel reconnaissance at Home Depot, and caught up on grading yesterday and today.

Grading is nearing a stopping point for the semester. Just a few more days of classes, then a few more days of grading, then some looking-ahead planning, and then winter break. Adam says he'll likely be house-sitting in mid-December, which may give me an unexpected opportunity to get an early start on some of the remodeling. Otherwise I'll likely be waiting until he takes off to see family over the break before I start into the big projects.

Meanwhile, I need to make a list of the little projects--the things I can get done here and there, in an afternoon or off day--so that I'll be ready to dive into the big projects. Which means: I need to go pick out some tile.

Finish priming.

Pick up some trim.

Final prep the floor and put down at least the first sheet of hardieboard.

Follow up on borrowing tape/texture supplies.

Consider rebuilding the attic access panel.

Make a list of each stage of the process, and set a tentative schedule.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order