open road

Yesterday I headed north out of Laramie, then took the dirt roads towards Laramie Peak. Up over the hill at Esterbrook, and then to Douglas before beating Hiway 59 towards Wright and then heading east to the Nucular City.

Damn, what a lot of nice country. The last two hours of the drive were made in the dark, but the route between Rock River and Douglas is a way I've never been before. I feel a bit of shame, somehow, that I've never seen this piece of Wyoming before. I don't think it's my job to know every road from here to there, but I do count it as a duty to more fully appreciate Wyoming. Yesterday was a chance to re-encounter the vastness of this landscape and to realize how much impact that openness has on my spirit. It's a good type of insignificance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order