I had a great conversation with Sue tonight on the way out to blues at The Bear Tree, about things in general. It's nice to get a fresh perspective on life and place and the rest of the world we live in. Especially it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels that deep appreciation for and belonging to Laramie while simultaneously feeling, somehow, adrift. The class I'm teaching this semester makes me realize that part of my interest in starting a PhD is that I haven't pushed myself enough these past few years. Most of the people I encounter lately don't seem to give a genuine shit about their jobs, and I hate it. We deserve better, and we owe it to ourselves to become better.

In perhaps unrelated news, the lyrics on my mind tonight:

Shame, boatloads of shame
Day after day, more of the same
Blame, please lift it off
Please take it off, please make it stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order