wheelie / counting my oats.

When I tell people I've been building a pot rack I usually get a joke, in response, about a place for my weed. But in fact, I've finally finished the pot rack, and I've got to admit, now that it's done--after way too many trips to the hardware store trying to figure out how to get it all stuck together--I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out:

The switch to a kid's bike tire was definitely the right choice--a full-size rim woulda been too big for the space. By the time I got all the hardware figured out, I suppose the project cost me about 25 bucks, maybe a bit less. Not bad, especially since I've now freed up some space where I can store the flour and rice and the beans. And the oatmeal. Somehow I've managed to acquire, over the past while, five different containers of oats. Steel-cut oats, quick oats, old fashioned oats, microwavey oats with freeze-dried apple bits and cinammon and way more sugar than I need, and some other box of oatmeal packets.

Comments

Kaijsa said…
One of those oats might be my fault. I think I left some after making cookies one time, in your old house.

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order