arm's length

I'm headed to Denver today, to drop Kaijsa at the airport for her trip back to visit family. Sometimes it can be a hassle to make the 2- to 2 1/2-hour drive down to DIA--especially in the wintertime--but generally I'm happy to keep major traffic a bit distant from Laramie.

Yesterday, when I was being a hero, the phlebotomist mentioned being surprised at how much Laramie has grown over the past few years. This summer seems busier than I can remember, and in a way that feels different, somehow. I can't quite put my finger on it.

In unrelated news, Team Bittner suffered an embarrassing defeat in our first game of the summer co-ed outdoor league last night. I wish I could blame my poor performance on depleted stores of oxygen after the blood drive, but I think I'm just out of shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order