auspicious

So earlier this week--Tuesday, I think it was--I got the Rocky Mountain music update in my email. I took a quick glance through it, just to see if anything exciting was coming up.

And there, to my delight, these magic words: The Avett Brothers. Aug. 22. At the Ogden. Tickets on sale Friday at 10 am.

Aug. 22 is the last Saturday before fall classes start, the last weekend of summer break. Getting to see the Avett Brothers live seems like a pretty great way to end the season. I won't even complain that the show's not at Red Rocks.

I'm also excited that, tentatively, Courtney and Burge and Kaijsa are gonna come along to the concert (which has since sold out). I still haven't been to the Ethiopian place in Ft. Collins, so maybe we'll make that our dinner stop on the way down. Or Sri Thai. Or maybe the Black Steer Steakhouse in Loveland--it's only been 8 years, I think, since I had their pepper steak. I'm overdue for a return visit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That Ethiopian place is where I was supposed to go for my birthday dinner (before the snow killed that plan)! I've never been either, but I've heard it's awesome!
Rick said…
I've been to the place on Colfax, but not to the place in Ft. Collins. I'm overdue for checking the place out.

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order