My small sad contribution

I couldn't find chords for "If it's the Beaches" but I finally found a good enough youtube video that I could watch and figure it out. This took me about ten times as long as it would've taken somebody who actually knows something about music. In any case, here it is--it's not perfect but it's a workable start, especially the timing for matching chords to lyrics. it's such a beautiful song; I wish I weren't a butcher.

"If it's the Beaches"
The Avett Brothers
[Capo 5]

Intro:
C Am F C

V1
Don't say it's [C]over
Cause that's the [Am]worst news I could [F]hear I swear that [C]I will
Do my [Am]best to be here [F]just the way you [C]like it
Even [Am]though its hard to [F]hide
Push my [C]feelings all a[F]side
I will [C]rearrange my [F]plans and change for [C]you

V2
If I could [C]go back
That's the [Am]first thing I would [F]do I swear that [C]I would
Do my [Am]best to follow [F]through
Come up [C]with a master plan
A homerun [C]hit, a winning [C]stand
A guaran[C]tee and not a [F]promise
That I'll [C]never let your [F]love slip from my [C]hands

Bridge thingie
C
Am G F E
Am G F E (2x)

If it's the [C]beaches
If it's the [Am]beaches' sands you [F]want
Then you will [C]have them
If it's the [Am]mountains' bending [F]rivers
Then you will [C]have them
If it's the [Am]wish to run a[F]way
Then I will [C]grant it
Take what[Am]ever you think [F]of
While I [C]go gas up the [F]truck
Pack the [C]old love letters ]F]up
We will [C]read them when we [F]forget why we ]C]left here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order