tie game

Well, our first game of the season ended in a tie. Not a bad way to start the season, especially against a team whose average age couldn't've been more than 26. But really, the problem is that I haven't made time to keep myself in championship form. I blame it in part on the weather--whatever else it's been, the weather has not been especially conducive to advanced plans for outside activity.

In slightly related news, I wonder whether researchers have proven that little bits of exercise all day long (in addition to OR in place of a focused aerobic workout) help keep your metabolism up. It seems, intuitively, like that should be the way the body works. I love living close to downtown and close to campus: the mile walk down to Coal Creek is just part of a day's activity for me; I don't even count it as exercise. Many days (especially in nicer weather), I get in four or five miles, just strolling around getting the bills paid. And honestly, now that I've gotten the down vest and the wool scarf back out, it takes no time to get toasty warm. I have a hard sympathizing with the 92% of UW students who complain about parking, but maybe that's just because I've got it so easy. Ah, the good life. My five-minute commute (six minutes if the traffic is especially heavy while I wait to walk across Grand) is hard to beat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order