news

At the grocery store today I bought a couple of things that I've never bought before: bleach and kale.

At Etta's in Seattle, my tuna steak was served with kale. I'd never had the stuff before but found it pretty tasty. I decided to try to make it on my own, and I think it turned out alright. I ended up frying/steaming it: I started with a bit of olive oil, threw in about a tablespoon of minced garlic and a pinch of salt. I heated up the oil and then tossed in the kale, stirring enough to try to get things hot and coated. Then I started to worry about burning things, so I added in a half cup of delicious PBR (America's best in 1893!), covered it, and let it steam up a bit. Added some more salt, and put it on a plate alongside some red beans and rice with turkey sausage and a dinner roll broiled with olive oil, garlic, and cardamom. If one didn't know better, one might be convinced that I know my way around a kitchen.

The bleach? Well, that's for laundry. It's just that I've never cared that my whites weren't entirely white, but lately I really notice that my soccer socks and my running socks are stained the color of the inside of my shoes and geez wouldn't it be classy for them to actually look clean for a change.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love kale. I have a good kale-based soup recipe...Yum!

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order