in it like carcass

Wow. A lot's been going on these past few weeks. Most recently i got back from a trip to Phoenix with Kaijsa. Meggie was sposed to come along but decided she needs to start saving for a plane ticket to China. Anyway, we had the chance to visit Peter O'Dowd and tour Taliesin West and watch a spring training game and get some sun on my pale skin.

Lesson: Take a credit card with you on vacation, just in case your debit card gets compromised and the bank cancels your card and you've got no extra cash. Luckily, that was the lesson Kaijsa learned on the trip, not me.

Before the trip to Phoenix, Kaijsa and I presented at the national librarians' conference. I'm not a librarian, but I went along anyway. Glad I went, too: librarians are a pretty cool bunch, generally. Plus, the library industry apparently has a lot more money to throw around than my field, which meant a couple of open-bar events, dinner at a Tom Douglas restaurant, a dinner at the Space Needle, an all-conference reception at the Experience Music Project. In the time we were there, I think I paid for two meals.

At breakfast on Sunday, Kaijsa's friend Melanie told us a wonderfully charming story about her dog Rudy humping those nasty bedspreads in the motels they stayed in during a trip across country. I think that "Rudy and the Spermcatchers" would make a great name for a novel. Or a rock band.

The week before spring break, Matt and his roommate Adam hosted the band Farewell Flight at their house. It was a relatively small gathering, but a chance to meet cool new people. This reminds me: I still owe Matt the $5 cover charge.

So, I guess that's the update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order