victory!

On the way back from the soccer tournament this morning, WPR's Ranch Breakfast Show was playin' a song named "Euphoria." This seems a fitting theme song for the day, since our fourth-seeded team (out of five teams) managed to pull it together, win all three of our games, and take the league championship. Oh, yeah. Our second game was against the top seed, a team that beat us 12-0 (or by some equally embarrassing score; I know they scored a lot and we didn't score at all) two days ago. So to manage to pull off the upset today (4-2, I think) was pretty damn satisfying.

Now I'm listening to some OCMS, then getting ready to shower up and start the next sequence of events. At 2, the Cowgirls final home game. Then down to the Depot to the evolve.revolve partay for a while.

I was thinking about trying to get in a nap before the basketball game, since we got back from Railbenders around 3 this morning. That concert was a bit less than satisfying--not a bad show by any means (no bar fights or people throwing up on me, at least), but honestly I think that most of the stuff I've seen in Laramie has been equally good. And I hate it when the sound's turned up too loud, and when the sound projection makes the singer's voice all muddy. The Bluebird's a cool venue, but the show last night wasn't one bit better than Chris and Birgit and David Lightbourne and Julie and Libby getting down to it last week at the Buck. Not any better than the 'Zarks up in Centennial after the poker run, either.

The Ethiopian dinner, on the other hand: that's hard to find in Laramie. Guess I should get back to learning how to turn teff flour into injera, cuz I don't think anybody's gonna be opening an Ethiopian place here anytime soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order