pink circles

The Walk for Women was pretty similar to last year's event: lots of people in pink shirts, walking around in a big circle, with an annoying announcer-guy announcing stuff that was hard to hear. I liked it two years ago, when they played "Sweet Caroline" and everybody could sing along. So good, so good!

This year I didn't take a t-shirt, since in the past I've just shoved the shirt to the bottom of my dresser drawer for six months and then donated it to Salvation Army. I'm definitely tough enough to wear pink, but it just isn't my color. Makes me look like a giant chewable pepto-dismal tablet.

I'm not sure why we needed to walk around in big circles. Like Relay for Life or the MS 150 ride, there is apparently something about going around in a circle that symbolizes a person's solidarity with all of the other people who support or who have been affected by various diseases. Okay, whatever. Yesterday, walking around the Arena-Auditorium concourse was just a good chance to catch up with Joyce, which I don't do often enough. I'm excited for our trip to Purdue in April.

I'm also excited about the emerging plan to gather some people for a trip to the Railbenders concert in Denver next weekend. Don't remember where I heard about this group, but I like their sound and think it'll be a fun trip down to the big town. Geez, I can't believe that February is already half-over. Geez.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order