pile-up

The only thing I like less than dealing with my checkbook is not dealing with my checkbook. I finally waded through the pile and discovered that it's not quite as bad as I expected.

In another pile-up, I've got 10 pending Facebook friend requests from people I went to high school with. The thing is, I wasn't friends with them in high school, so why should I pretend to be friends with them now? I sort of feel like they're just trying to pad their friend count with the low-hanging fruit of long-lost acquaintanceships. On the other hand, maybe I'm the one who's got the wrong attitude. Maybe they're not pretending; maybe they're willing to move past the roles we played in high school, forget the adolescent stupidities of a distant past, and re-connect on some new ground. The realist in my says no, but maybe I should let the optimist win this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order