Winter in Wyoming!

I might be alone, but I'm happy to see that winter has returned to town, even though it apparently got cold enough to split my passenger-side mirror in half. Enough of that 60-degree weather: let it snow!

After the trip to Cabela's last weekend, I've now got some real snowboots. Oddly enough, they're the first real snowboots I've had in a good long while, like maybe a decade. Anyway, they make me feel like I'm wearing toasty-warm all-wheel drive.

After the trip to Cablela's last weekend, I also now have a picture of me beneath the Giant White Virgin Mary shrine at Pine Bluffs:

I've been by the shrine a time or two or twenty, but this is the first time I've ever stopped. Glad to have a picture of the momentous event. Apparentely those Nebraskans know that everybody coming over from Wyoming line is in need of some GWVM lovin'.

Frigid temps and a half-foot of snow also seem fitting for UW club hockey's last home game, Friday night at 9:30 pm. I'll be there, in my new snow boots, drinking cocoa, rooting for the home team. I've been trying to recruit a good turnout, but I bet some of my friends will select warmer, more fragrant options than ninety minutes of cold steel bench and ripe hockey gear.

(Technically speaking, Saturday is the team's last home game, since the Taco John's Arena in Cheyenne also counts as home ice. They play there at 6:30.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order