no cavities!

In addition to being the first day of school, it was also go-to-the-dentist day. Disappointingly, the hygienist who has been cleaning my teeth is not there anymore. I'm pretty bummed about this, actually, since she did a really great job of making sharp-tools-poking-my-gums a decent experience. And having a bearable expierence at the dentist is worth a lot to me. I've realized, the past few times that I've been at the dentist's, that getting my teeth cleaned stresses me out. I mean, I don't have anxiety or anything beforehand, and I definitely don't hate going, the way some people do. But when I'm there, I notice that my whole body tenses up, and I hold my breath without even realizing it. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my new hygienist: letting someone do the sharp-tools-poking-my-gums is a pretty intimate encounter (I don't mean that in some weird fetish-y way, either, sicko), and I'm not sure I trust the new girl with the task.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order