from the road

A couple of brief comments before I close my heavy-lidded eyes after day 5 of my trip:

- Having lunch with my cousin Lisa on my way back to Dulles was so fun. It felt like such a completely natural thing to do, even though I've never visited her the entire time she's been in Washington. Even though our meeting for lunch was right in the middle of driving back from David's place by Berkeley Springs so I could hop a plane to Phoenix. Even though we hardly ever talk otherwise, not because we have nothing to say or because we don't get along but just because. Oddly enough, one of her colleagues' boyfriends is from, of all places, Lingle, Wyoming.

- It was 55 degrees in WV when I headed back to the airport. It was about 40 degrees when I got into Phoenix. Something about this situation seems backwards. I feel slightly cheated, until I remember that Laramie recorded -16 over the weekend.

- I sleep better after I've read a bit. Middlesex is good and getting better.

Much more to come: blacksmithing, mustangs and cancelled flights, a life of simplicity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order