Argh, matey

Here's the letter opener I made on David's forge on Day 1 of the WV-AZ trip:



The letter opener started the day as a 12-inch piece of rebar. I spent the morning drawing out the tail for the loop, putting in the decorative twist, and then hammering out and trimming the blade. Oh, and I gave myself third-degree burns on my thumb and middle finger, which are healing nicely. On Sunday I used the grinding wheels to put an edge on the thing. On Monday I put it in my checked luggage; somehow I don't think I would've gotten through security with it in my carry-on. When I got back to Laramie, I had a pretty good pile of mail waiting for me. I'm happy to report that the letter opener will, in fact, get the job done. Argh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order