Let the doubts begin

Hope is a dangerous thing. At least when Bush was president, I didn't expect much. But already I feel a sense of engagement, a desire to participate, that I've never felt before. Now I just hope that Obama and the Biden don't let us down.

In related news, Libby posted a NYT op-ed piece reminding us that Bush still has three months in office, and already his administration is beginning its last gifts of 'generosity':

  • "In late September, the I.R.S. restored tax breaks for banks that take big losses on bad loans inherited through acquisitions. Now we learn that JPMorgan Chase and others are planning to use their bailout funds for mergers and acquisitions, transactions that will be greatly enhanced by the new tax subsidy."
Gee, thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order