isles of langerhans and other fun times

For the record, Britannica says that the islets of langerhans are "irregularly shaped patches of endocrine tissue located within the pancreas" named after German pathologist Paul Langerhans. I like playing board games with my smart friends because I learn new things. Ibises are long-legged wading birds; ibexes are wild mountain goats.

So, after my morning of oats and raking, I did some grading, a little bit of shopping, planted some bulbs, and then met up with Elsa at the Headquarters Trail for a short hike. Look! Another photo of the same tree I take a picture of every time I hike this trail! I love this view, though.

Then, after the hike, Elsa and Quincy came over for pumpkin cheesecake, tea, and a game of Scattergories.

My shopping today included a couple of new pillows. "Down-wrap" pillows, with feathers on the inside and down on this outside. Firm support, for side sleepers (like me!) So, not only has it been a great day, but I'm excited to head to bed, too! Not a bad way to end such a nice fall day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order