squash

I hope they don't discover that aluminum foil leaches out dangerous chemicals when you throw it on the fire. Cuz I love the foil packet veggies. Somebody mentioned a weener yesterday or day before, and I've been craving a tasty brat ever since. Tonight I rode the xt225 off to Albertsons, picked up some tasty sweet italian sausages, and selected some choice vegetables for foil packet supreme. I chopped up a little green squash, some red onion, a sweet potato, and a tomater. Sprayed 'em down with olive oil, sprinkled steak salt on 'em, poured in a bit of PRB (America's Best in 1893!), and wrapped 'em up in the foil. God bless foil packet veggies.

The brat was mighty-fine too, on a lightly toasted hoagie-ish roll. Apparently Albertson's is raising prices: the sticker on the potato rolls said "12 count" but I only counted 8. So I think they're going for the "same price, less stuff" trick--like the 14.5 oz. cans that used to be 16 oz. Sneaky bastards.

In still other news, also god bless the Works Progress Administration. Not only did they design the rad black panther-Brookfield Zoo art on my new cafepress t-shirt, but they also built this Denver City Park called Red Rocks.

Comments

Kaijsa said…
Somebody? Dude, that was me, only I didn't say "weener." I never call them that.

Your recipe sounds great, but potatoes would have pushed it over the edge to amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order