Indian and outlaw

So I'm not camped out in Denver, hoping for the arrival of the Boss. And by the Boss, I mean Bruce Springsteen, not Barack Obama. Though maybe he'll become the Boss, too.

But I am sitting at home, enjoying leftover Chicken Tikki Saag from Taj Masala, where Joyce and I had dinner on the way down to the Willie concert. It's in Golden, and not far off I-70, so I'm hoping that maybe this place will become an expected part of future trips to Red Rocks.

I'm starting to understand why people are so in love with live shows. I've seen more live music in the last year than in the rest of my life before then--local bands at the Alibi's back yard, the Clumsy Lovers at Oyster Grass, Hoooo-tie and the Blowfish on campus (oh, yeah!), lazy Fourth of July at the Fire in the Sky, Will's band in Will's basement. All kinds of really rad stuff. And it's been great. Still makes me a bit melancholy--especially to hear Willie sing songs like "Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground" and "Still is Still Moving to Me"--but there's something addictive about the live show, too, to be around thousands of people just swaying and singing to the music. Plus, Red Rocks is friggin' amazing:




I was hoping for a guest appearance from Toby Keith, or Barack, or even the Boss, but no dice. Willie did bring out Dennis Kucinich during the last song, though, and a guy from the Dirt Band sang a song with the band.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order