bad dreams

I think that hot cocoa before bed has one of two effects on my sleep: either I get no sleep, or I have bad dreams. It doesn't always give me bad dreams--maybe it's a combined effect with some other aspect of my diet/actions/behaviors/whatever--but it's often enough that I'm identifying it as a contributing factor. Weird.

Also weird: curling. It's on channel 27 right now, the CBS College channel, though apparently, according to the design on the ice, this is the world curling championship. Canada vs. Scotland, complete with play-by-play announcing. I wonder how these guys got into the sport--I mean, like, did they take curling lessons in third grade and discover a preternatural skill for sliding big rocks down the ice? Or maybe some curling scout saw them sweeping the grocery store steps and recruited them for the national team? Maybe this is what people mean when they say there's nothing to do in Wyoming. I bet you can't take curling lessons anywhere in the entire state.

It's a tie, 1-1, after 3rd end, by the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order