Unkie Rick!

At 8:45 on April 21, 2008, I became an uncle. What a weird feeling, actually, but in a cool way. I can't quite explain it; I haven't really known how I'd expect to feel. But it's a new type of connection. Part of it, for me, is that shift from feeling like the 'young' person--the child, or the nephew, or the grandkid--to becoming the 'old' person in family relationships--the parent, or uncle, or grandparent, or maybe even the older sister even. It just now--right now--occurs to me that for 30 years I've been the youngest Fisher in the family, the younger brother, the youngest of five cousins. Wow: I've never known what it's like to make room for someone younger in the family. Some kids have this feeling when they're 2 and their little brother comes along.

I can't wait to meet my new niece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order