around and around, chasing nothing

Kaijsa and Wendy and Tawnya and I went out to Skyline Skate tonight. We were the oldest kids there by at least a decade.

But, as Kaijsa said, we're not too cool for school. I think some of our friends passed up the opportunity for a sore shin and blisters and maybe a bruise because they were afraid to make dorks of themselves in front of some junior high schoolers. I felt a bit like a dork at times, but I had a good time. I even wore my headband, which makes me feel like some kind of 70s superhero.

Sadly, the music selection did not include any Michael Jackson, G'n'R, Poison, or the Culture Club. Apparently it did include some Nelly and Fergie.

Now we're trying to figure out how to rent the place out and fill it with some adults. Until then, though, people are going to have to content themselves with Roller Derby tomorrow night at the ice arena (which is of course melted for season; Meagan and Oscar were there for a circus last week). I'll miss the Denver flat-trackers, though: I'm headed to Greeley to meet my new niece!

Comments

Kaijsa said…
All-girl flat track rocks my socks! Next week's bout in Denver will be great, and I'm going to pester you until you decide to come with me!

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order