"Oh, it's got cachet, baby!"

I'm watching that Seinfeld episode where George offers up "Seven" as a baby name and gets laughed at, and then somebody steals the name.

I don't know why people laugh when I tell them that "Celery" is a perfectly beautiful girl's name. Really--it's a nice name. Maybe if you spelled it wrong--Selery, or Celrey, or Celerie--people wouldn't even associate it with stalky green vegetables. I'm not really a fan of spelling names creatively, though. I mean, maybe I'd care if I had a common name--maybe it would allow me to feel more unique. Maybe I'd want it to be spelled Jonn or Jahn or Jhon so that I didn't feel like just another john. Maybe not. I get annoyed when people can't spell Fisher right, so I don't know what I'd do if there were 13 different ways to spell my first name.

Walter and Stanley are perfectly fine names, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order