giant banner of love

So somebody got ahold of a giant roll of newsprint paper in the last few days and wrote a giant banner to unroll at the Cowgirls game tonight--their last home game of the season. As best I can remember, it said: "Thanks Jody Dom Hannah and U-stena [our graduating senior girls]. Coach Joe and supporting staff--thanks for the memories. Best of luck." I think there were one or two more SENTENCES included on the banner. It spanned three or four sections of the arena--it was at least 75 people long, I'll say. It was cool. Really cool--especially in an age of text messaging, where people can hardly be troubled to write one complete WORD, let alone a string of coherent sentences. Then, after it was completely unrolled, it made its way all the way around the arena. Of course it started to come apart, but come on--how cool is that? Damn cool! Judgment: two thumbs up.

In other, less cool news that I've been meaning to write about for several days now: Bollywood night was a bit ruined by the chairs in the Business Auditorium where the film was shown. The chairs in that space are swiveling ones mounted to the tables in front of them, which in turn are bolted to the floor. The chairs themselves, once you manage to get into one, are decently comfortable. But especially along the wings, it's like you have to become one with the person sitting next to you in order to squeeze into the chair space. Judgment: two thumbs down.

Comments

CassK said…
I hate those seats! Last time I was in the business auditorium I felt like my seat was slowly cutting me in half.

Also: Go cowgirls!

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order