dancehall dreamer

I like it when people share their musical tastes with me. I like a lot of stuff, but I have a tendency to fall into ruts, the old standbys. It's nice to be pushed beyond those boundaries, to hear a fresh voice or note.

Where'd you hide the body?
Where'd you stash the loot?
Keep your hands where I can see 'em
So I don't have to shoot.

Hearing some of this music also makes me wish a for a dance floor--it's got the right beat for a two-step.

Well I wisht I was in Austin in a chilly parlor bar
drinking mad dog margaritas and not carin 'where you are
But here I sit in Dublin, just rolling cigarettes
and holding back and choking back the shakes with every breath
So forgive me all my anger, and forgive me all my faults
There's no need to forgive me for thinking what I thought
I loved you from the get-go, and I'll love you till you die
I loved you on the Spanish steps the day you said good-bye.

Achingly good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order