when it clicks

Then, one day, I just woke up, and I said, 'e-i'! And ever since then, I haven't had any trouble figuring out how to spell 'weird.' 'E-i'!! I don't know how, after about 20 years of thinking about it, it suddenly just made sense to me, but there it was. That hasn't yet happened, by the way, with 'separate.' I still misspell it half of the time. Certainly there's some easy mnemonic device for 'separate,' though...?

Last weekend, playing pick-up basketball, was sorta the same. There I was, with a basketball in my hand, and I thought, I'm gonna fake right and go left. Or, I'm gonna square up and take the shot right over top of the dude in front of me. Even though I've been playing basketball for years, it was like a whole new level of the game opened up to me. Weird, huh? 'E-i'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order