the road

I just finished Cormac Mccarthy's The Road. It was intense, and not intense. "Unpyschological," one reviewer calls it, and I agree. But that doesn't mean it wasn't deep or dense, in spite of the sparse language.
I intended to post a couple of quotes from the book to throw here on the blog, but I returned it already to Jess who I borrowed it from, and it's surprisingly difficult, online, to find many quotes from it. Even then, I don't know if it's the type of writing that lends itself to excerpting. I don't think I can quote capture the complexity in the book by pulling a 10-line passage.
Next I think I'll start Alyson's book, set in Wyoming. Snow, Ashes. Meanwhile I've got plenty of work-related reading to do (and seem to somehow be falling even further behind....), but fiction is some medicine for the soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order