$2180

That's the estimate for fixing my anti-lock brakes.

As I was leaving Happy Jack this afternoon, heading back from a fine afternoon of skiing, the truck started making a whining noise. I shut it off; the noise didn't quit. The ABS warning light came on. I called the Chevy garage; they told me that as long as the other brake warning lights weren't on, I still had brakes. Matt told me I could drive the truck down the hill and then bring it by to see if they needed to reset a sensor.

So I brought it in. They couldn't get to it for a while; they gave me a ride home and told me they'd call when they could get it on the lift to take a look at it. Rich called to tell me that in driving it back to town I'd probably burned up the mechanical parts but that they had been engaging because the computer part was shot. $2180. Right now the ABS system is disconnected, which means I can drive the truck, just no anti-lock. Which is what I was used to anyway. But still.

Hell.

In unrelated new (well, slightly related, since I was just meeting up with Lori and Meg when I go the news) dinner at Altitude was fun but a bit of a cee-ef. Waited more than an hour to get a table. Only four of us at the time. Then some other people showed up so we were eight bunched around a table in the middle of one of the server's lanes. Waited another 45 minutes to get dinner. Company was good enough to help me keep $2180 out of my mind.

In other unrelated news: happy birthday, mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order