Kitchen theory

So Kaijsa helped me host a rockin' 30th birthday party over the weekend. I thought it was a pretty fun time, yeah.

I've noticed, at parties, before, that lots of people seem to congregate in the kitchen. So we moved most of the food out to the living room, trying to spread people out a bit. But it seemed like everytime I went to the kitchen to grab a drink, more people had accumulated there. I've got two theories:
1. It's about booze. People need a new drink, so they head to the fridge. When they arrive in the kitchen, they discover a couple people hanging out and end up joining a conversation. Then somebody else comes in, and there's a snowball effect: pretty soon 60% of the party is in the kitchen; you can hardly even open the fridge to grab another beer.
2. It's about being a good guest. Carpet in the rest of the house; linoleum in the kitchen. If you're the kind who might end up spilling a glass of wine/bottle of beer/bowl of chips/plate of li'l smokies/whatever, then you subconsciously stick to the kitchen.

In other news, I'm not sure why I equate mustaches with the 70s, but there's some kind of natural connection there. So I shaved off the beard for the party, and now I'm trying to adjust to just a mustache. It feels totally weird though: I can't hardly take myself seriously. I think I'll stick with it for a while, though, and see what I think. Change: it grows you in unpredictable ways. We'll see what this small thing brings....

Rockin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

options

citizens arrest

out of order